This policy applies when you visit or use my website, apps and services and sets out the basis on which Paul Carter Genealogist will process any personal data collected from you or provided to me in the course of using the website www.pcgenealogy.co.uk.
I strive to embody best practice in good information governance and data protection, so I want to tell you that:
- The person responsible for data protection and compliance with data protection legislation is Paul Carter and you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you ever want to know what information I hold about you, you can ask for it (make a subject access request) using the contact details above.
- I am trained in the use and handling of personal information, and I keep all personal information safe, secure and up to date at all times.
- I collect information about you that you provide to me.
- The kind of information I hold includes:
- Name and contact details; and
- Family history.
- I also automatically collect the following data, including cookies:
- Computer, device and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system and other software installed on your device, mobile platform and unique device identifier and other technical identifiers, error reports and performance data;
- Usage data including the features you used, the settings you selected and pages you visited;
- I use personal information for the following reasons:
- Carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me;
- Notify you about changes to my service;
- Send newsletters from time to time;
- Ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner;
- To advise people about my services and invite them to take advantage of what I offer;
- To administer my business and support those who work with me; and
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
- I do not share information I hold about people with anyone else. For example, I do not buy or sell mailing lists. However, I would disclose information on request to the Police or any other statutory authority or regulator who has a reasonable need for these data to effectively conduct their business e.g. criminal investigations.
- I will only keep information about you during the term of our contract and following termination, for up to ten years.
- Paul Carter Genealogy has a robust and comprehensive Data Protection Policy, please ask if you wish to see a copy.
- If you are not happy with how I manage your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or by phone on 0303 123 1113.
I didn't need to keep my own notes - clear and informative.
'Creating a Website for Family History', Society of Genealogists, 2016
Read more testimonials
Latest Blog Posts